1. Hard Drive PCB Replacement Guide –
• Western Digital – same board number which is etched on the PCB, begin with 2060-
• Seagate – same board number which is etched on the PCB, begin with 100…, and the same Main Controller IC. If you can’t find the number on the PCB (Old Models), you should find the same Main Controller IC.
• Maxtor– same Main Controller IC(The biggest chip on the board)
• Hitachi– same information on the small white label (first two lines)
• Samsung – same board number which is etched on the PCB, begin with BF41-
• Fujitsu – same board number which is etched on the PCB, begin with CA***
2. Conner HDD PCB replacement – I have a Conner HDD that is damaged. It has been determined that the PCB is faulty. The drive will not start. I have order another drive from EBAY but found out now that this may not work.
3. replacing damaged PCB on seagate hard drive – Do you have experience on replacing damaged PCB on hard drives? I have looked around on the web and got a few bits of the puzzle… I have a seagate barracuda 7200.10
date code: 0810-5 site code:cs
pcb# 100409233 D 38095676
what i dont know is how much has to match on the donor PCB?
Hard Drive PCB Replacement Knowledge on HDDZone.com