- How to find a matching PCB for Maxtor HDD
- How to find a matching PCB for Western Digital HDD
- How to find a matching PCB for Hitachi HDD
- How to find a matching PCB for Seagate HDD
Step 1: Find the biggest chip (show below). Make sure the information says ARDENT C8-C1, 040111300 which is the Main Controller IC.
Maxtor Hard Drive PCB's Main Controller IC
Step 2: Verify the Motor Combo IC: L7250E 1.2 as the below picture.
Maxtor Hard Drive PCB's Motor Combo IC
The information you should offer to us is:
Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 9
Main Controller IC: ARDENT C8-C1, 040111300
Motor Combo IC: L7250E 1.2
In most cases, you should exchange the BIOS chip before you swap the PCB. You should have certain technique.(How to exchange hard drive PCB's BIOS/Main Controller IC?)
* How to identify HDD PCB's BIOS?
Most people do not know what is the BIOS chip on HDD PCB. All of the 8pins (4 pins on each sides) with 25P05VP、25P10VP、25F512、25F1024、25F1024AN、SST25VF512、SST25VF010, etc. are the BIOS. It is easy to be found, because there are not many 8pins chips on the PCB.
Note: When you change the BIOS, please confirm the words orientation on the BIOS. Please don't solder it on backwards; otherwise, the BIOS will be brunt.
If there is no matching 8pins BIOS chip on the PCB, it means the BIOS is integrated on the Main Chip IC. It is more complex to exchange the Main Chip IC than exchange the BIOS. If you should do, please do several test on the HDD's PCBs which don't have the important data.
Condition 1: If the PCB is Western Digital PCB, you should also let us know the Board Number on the back of the PCB, as the below picture:
Western Digital Hard Drive PCB Circuit Board
Make sure the number of 2060-701265-001.
Condition 2: If the PCB is Hitachi PCB, 3.5” PCB, please send your PCB's photo (the side with chips) to us. We need to check it shape. Also please advise the number on the Main Controller IC, as below photo:
Hitachi Hard Drive PCB Circuit Board(Hitachi 3.5" HDD)
Hitachi 2.5" PCB, Please offer the first line numbers on the white label, as the below photo:
Hitachi Hard Drive PCB Circuit Board(Hitachi 2.5" HDD)
Condition 3: If the PCB is Seagate PCB, please advise the PCB number which is etched on the PCB, as the below photo:
Seagate Hard Drive PCB Circuit Board
The below symptoms of HDD/PCB are may be caused by failure PCB:
- HDD can't spin up. Either no sound or a short, quiet tickling sound can be heard.
- A burning smell can be sensed coming from the HDD or PCB.
- Burned components on the PCB.
- The HDD be connected to wrong power supply.
- PCB's interface damaged.
- The drive will power up normally (no ticking noises, errors etc) but will not be recognized by the computer
- The drive will power up normally and be recognized correctly but will report a size of 0 bytes
- The drive will power up but report SMART errors on boot
If there is anything unclear, please contact us.